Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tragedy, comedy, you be the judge!

I am in a good mood right now. I shouldn't be, but I am LOL

I took time off from work today, time away from my beloved chickens, to go see this lawyer. I knew it was a bad sign when I walked in and a huge dog jumped on me. Seriously, what is up with all of the dogs in my life lately??? Crazy!!

I have been allergic to dogs for years and never have I encountered them so much as I have in the past month.

Anyway, I ended up leaving Mom inside her office while I waited in the freezing cold because once I am exposed, it is over. I itch, sneeze, cough, my eyes swell, etc, etc.

It was so cold outside but I couldn't go back to the car because it was so far away, so I just sat out there and contemplated living a new life in a bubble ;)

And the crazy thing is, is that I like dogs. I really do. My friend has a hypoallergenic dog that I just love. And I have been known to take some extra medicine on hair washing day and play with the neighbor's dog. So when I see a dog in a confined space, they want to come up to me. Can you blame them? They know I am awesome! LOL I am just so allergic to them :0( And I always feel bad because it is not the dog's fault that their owner did not teach them good manners.

Anyhow, Mom told her I was allergic so she took me to another office that the dog was hardly ever in. We talked for about 20 minutes. She asked me my story. I told her about him keeping our cats and I started crying. Every once in a while it hits me that the cats are gone. And I loved them so much.

Then Mom says "Oh honey maybe B will let you see them once this is said and done." And the lawyer was like "Oh wow, I can't go further, I have a conflict!"

Yep, she is his defense lawyer. Ugh.

At least I know who will be trying to make me look bad when his trial comes up. That is good to know. I don't really respect a woman who could defend a man who treated his wife so poorly and abused, choked and threatened her. But it is all about money anyway, it is not like she does this to make changes in the world or anything.

I cried. A lot. And I prayed a lot.

She is really the only one in my price range, so I have a lot of praying to do before I decide what to do next. She is more than happy to do this for me after his trial, but again, I guess I automatically don't like her or assume that she does not have my best interests in mind.

Anyhow, I tagged along with my Mom on her doctor's appointment. We have the same one. I weighed on her scale at 462, down from 478 the last time. She has evening hours every other Thursday which I did not know, so from now on I will be going there to get weighed. Their scale is digital so there is less chance of human error on my part. Plus, they can check my BP too at the same time.

I accidentally had the "kg" pushed instead of "lb" and I was like "Wow, I lost 200 lbs, go me LOL

My doctor is on board with my weight loss. I don't really count calories. At my size I don't really have to. Just making my portions look like other people's portions works well for me. Except some of my students eat a LOT LOL But I watch my Mom and I tend to let people put food on my plate for me. Like my Dad plates breakfast when he makes it.

I try to eat three meals a day and one snack. And I try to make it a good one, not some of the junk they feed the kids. I am sorry but a brownie is NOT a snack.

I keep a bottle of water with me all day. I sometimes drink hot tea in the afternoons.

My main problem is eating a lot of something or eating twice. Like I would eat breakfast at home, then get to work and grab what the kids were eating, etc. Or I would eat lunch with the kids then grab lunch with my coworkers *it would shock you how many of my coworkers eat two lunches, and some of them can get away with it but not me*. And I would eat at night before bed.

I try to add as many veggies as I can to whatever I am eating. Meat can make me sick so I have to watch my intake. There are some foods that I can not eat at work, so I bring PB that day *thankfully no nut allergies in my room this year, that will change next year*.

Salad, salad, salad.

I try to avoid eating anything that comes out of a box. I try to avoid dairy products because they cause ear problems.

That is my only "plan" right now, if you can call it that. I find that if I put myself on a super strict "I must do this, I must do that" then I just have a disaster.

For exercise I try to walk more on the playground and when it is snowing a ton like now, I try to mall walk. I try to do less sitting and more playing. And sleep I think is very important. Since getting the BiPap machine my energy levels are up and I am not relying on a constant sugar buzz to keep me from nodding off.

My blood pressure is a lot lower since being on the BiPap as well. I am hoping to eventually be off of the BP meds.

And this sounds gross, but I try to monitor my bathroom habits. I am not whipping out a notebook and a pen or anything, but if I find myself running to the bathroom 3 times after lunch, then I am taking that as a sign that I either 1) ate too much of something or 2) shouldn't be eating it at all.

I try to note how I feel at night. Not tired? Too tired? Jumpy? I look at all of this.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Congrats on your weight loss so far. That is amazing. Thanks for sharing your plan too. It sounds very reasonable - and like "they" say, it sounds more like a lifestyle change than a diet. So that will hopefully help you to not feel deprived and be able to stick with it.

    I can't believe you went to your ex's lawyer! What are the odds of that? I hope you didn't spill your guts to her too much - hate to give her any ideas for the defense. (How he can be "defended" is beyond me... but it is his legal right, of course.)

    Thanks again for sharing. I'm so excited for you and your success so far. I'm cheering for you!!!

    ReplyDelete