Sunday, January 24, 2010

New schedule

So I am going back to my old schedule of 8:30 to 5:30. I am only doing it to get an hour break. When I was only taking a half hour, I felt rushed. I couldn't do anything so more often than not I would just stay in the classroom.

But I think I need that hour to decompress. To kind of mentally gear myself up for the rest of the day. Maybe take a walk. Or go to the *empty* cafeteria for a diet soda and some Bible reading. Something. I felt that I worked better and enjoyed it more when I had the longer lunch break.

So tomorrow starts back on the old one. Hopefully traffic will not cause me to regret my decision :0)

Today was a great day. Church was wonderful. I was asked to co teach Children's Church in March and I accepted. I joined a Sunday school class. My first ever adult one. I normally taught the kid's class. But at this point in my life I want to have adult study. I am happy to do a month in Children's Church, that happens during the regular service. But I am craving study with other grown ups during Sunday School time.

So I went to a birthday party today. I ordered a cheeseburger and onion rings. The one thing I noticed is how heavy that meal was. It has been a LONG time since I have had fast food. And this food just sat in my stomach like a rock. Which is proof that my body is functioning better without it.

I got a lot of activity today moving my room around. I have decided to actually unpack. I figure I am not getting out of here any time soon. And I want to come at this with a greatful heart. Also, I am totally unorganized now. Such to the point where it is leaking over in to my work life. I think a lot of it has to do with a natural relaxing I did after leaving my H. Kind of like "Oh no one is constantly putting me down anymore critisizing every move that I make, so I can do what I want now!" kind of thing.

But I think it is important to at least try to make this feel like home. So I moved all of my Mom's sewing machines in to the closet. Now I have the entire sewing desk empty. I a not sure what I am putting up on it.

I put my excess stuff in the attic. I put some of my books on the bookshelf. I am bagging up a bunch of clothes that I don't wear anymore.

It is ridiculoulsly hot in my bedroom. I think I am going to have to take off my flannel sheets. Not that this comment fits in with the blog tonight, but I just realized that I am sitting here sweating LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment